Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Photo of the week


....and taken on my phone!
Wednesday
It's been funny weather today - muggy, raining on and off and with occasional bouts of sunshine. Perfect for rainbows. There is a second one there buts it's pretty hard to see. I fiddled with the saturation and managed to get a clearer image but it didn't look as good.
Now I'm thinking I have to go and google rainbows to find out why sometimes there are two. : )
This afternoon we visited with an old school friend of mine who lives about 30km away. (It's not a trip we would take regularly due to the price of petrol, but our new vege supplier is about halfway to her place anyway so it's a double good excuse to get out into the countryside where I grew up and roamed a lot as a kid. I also used to ride horses all over the place as well and it's quite neat to go back and see how much it's changed. There are lots of new houses and lifestyle blocks....I hardly consider it truly rural anymore although it's certainly better than living in town IMO.)
DD10 & DS8 love going there because she has lots of animals and two teenage boys that they really like.
The last couple of weeks she's had new kittens and a baby hedgehog (see a few posts ago for photos) so the kids have gotten a good baby animal fix. Today DD10 chose to hold the hedgehog and I felt it's cute little prickles. DS wasn't keen to hold it but he did "feel his spikes and his cute little head"! Next time we visit I'll get some better shots to post.
Her two boys were not there unfortunately (DS loves playing PS2 with the younger one) but we had a lovely but short visit anyway.


No comments: