Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another early Christmas lunch

Dd10 thought it would be a good idea to have a special lunch today for the three of us. There were some southern style chicken nibbles in the freezer that she was keen to have so we decided to have mashed potatoes and a green salad (all organic) as well and to top it off...DD wanted to make a pavlova with cream and strawberries.

She's never made one before but was pretty confident and I must say she did a great job and it turned out great.
Of course we all over ate and are now absolutely stuffed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Hannah! I didn't make a pavlova until I was in my 20's, or was it 30's? I made one a couepl of weeks back, and it was wonderufl. Perhaps I've only made 2 or 3 in my life- but the way people go on about how hard they are to make- I always get s usprise when it's perfect. Atcually, it amazes me you can make somethign from nearly-nothing!