Sunday, November 25, 2007

The last week

The details below actually relate to the week beginning 26 Nov.


We've been sooo this last week. Too busy to blog daily so here's a quick rundown.

Tuesday
We had our usual day in town on Tuesday which was hot and crowded.
When we got to the pool, it was super busy much to our disappointment. We are just too used to having it to ourselves, and after 20 minutes we'd (I'd) had enough.

We had quite a list of errands including the supermarket (which we do last), but by the time we had finished the second-to-last on the list I was completely exhausted. So we flagged it and just stoppped at Gull for a hot chook and buns on the way home. Yum!!

Wednesday
We went to our new organic vege supplier to collect our Kai box of fruit and veges and were very pleased. I should have taken a photo of it before I put it all away (next week I will)......we got rhubarb, strawberries, onions, broccoli, salad greens, a pumpkin, carrots & tangelos (a whole weeks worth for $20). The berries look gorgeous and I can't wait to try them!
The owners had 13 new Kune Kune (sp?) piglets that were just so cute.





The delayed supermarket visit was next and was not too bad as I only had DS8. DH stayed in the car and had a sleep as we found an awesome shady carpark.

I bought more vege seedlings - beetroot, leeks, spring onions and a watermelon. Not sure if the melon can/will grow where we are, but I'll give it a go! : )

My garden is growing beautifully and I'm really getting into it. It has been so hot that I have had to keep them shaded nearly all day and also water (very sparingly) twice a day.

On Sunday our local water supply took a real hammering and we are threatened with running out if we don't conserve it more so we are saving all kitchen water for the garden and sharing baths.

DH and I have talked about collecting rainwater off the roof which could be stored in 10 litre containers and used for drinking IF necessary.

The kids and I biked around to a friend's for a visit and a play with their two (ds8 & dd6) which was lovely and relaxing.

When we got home I carved up the huge roast mutton that had been cooking slowly for 5 hours. It was absolutely delicious and we shared it with my parents.


Today
A nice quiet day today. DS helped my Dad put up a new letterbox for my sister and had a great time. DD stayed with my Mum most of the day and they also had a really good time together.
I had a lovely snooze and then DS and went for a bike ride.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey..I've been looking at all your links tonight...the typing game is a crack-up...I can type quite quickly, but I look at the keys- so the end result is a bit of a mess (lol). I could spend a few hours on that, but no time just now. Enjoying our Saturday night (watching Shrek the 3rd on dvd) and tomorrow I'm going to take the kids swimming while dh cleans the oven...I love my life :0)

Stace and kids said...

I'm the same with typing...I never learnt at school but 10 years on the internet has made me quite speedy. : )
Ooh you are so lucky getting your oven cleaned. I hate doing it cos of the fumes and hubby has promised he'll do it....but will probably have to wait until he gets his cast off (5 days and counting, lol)

kelli said...

oh my gosh, those piglets are SO cute! I want to hold one so bad :)