Saturday, January 05, 2008

So much for my New Year resolution to blog every day......Hannah says "nevermind Mum, you can't really do it when we're away". True, but I still feel like I'm missing out on something.

On the 28th we travelled down south to the kid's Dads place. The kids usually stay there on their own, but since we started homeschooling they have been very homesick when they are away from us/home. Last time we went (Oct 07) I stayed in a hotel close by for 2 nights which didn't really work as I ended up waiting til Darcy went to sleep before I could leave. We decided to stay another night and thought it would make more sense for me to stay with them.
This time, we sorted it right from the start that I would stay with them for the whole week and we could have special family time with the four of us. We had a great time and it worked out really well. The kids had lots of good time with their cousins (their Dads sisters kids) and even stayed a night with them (Darcy had a bit of a rough time but handled it).
I just hung out with TX (the ex!!!!) and his mates and they were amazed that we had such a good relationship. We both fully agree that it's all about the kids and we have to do what's best for them.
I'm very grateful to have such an understanding and trusting DH. I don't think many men would be too happy about their wife going and staying with the ex for a week!!! LOL

The kids got a trampoline for Christmas and have been having a blast on it. We only put the net up the other day so it looks quite different now.


Wow, a photo of me and hubby......and I like it. There aren't too many of these as usually one of us is taking the photo.


Kids with their cousins doing a silly pose.




Hannah's silly face! Huh!?

Darcy's silly face. That's more like it.


No comments: